The Seven Steps
This book breaks down the process of helping your child stay dry at night into seven easy-to-follow steps. Using this logical progression, you will eliminate other ineffective treatments and have concrete knowledge that you are on the right track. Here is a brief overview of what you can expect to learn in each step:
- Step 1: Review the basics. You’ll learn how the urinary system works, what causes bedwetting and what myths may be coloring your approach to solving the problem.
- Step 2: Select the right time to start. You’ll learn how to assess when both you and your child are ready to tackle this issue; if both of you aren’t ready, you will sabotage effective treatment.
- Step 3: Pick the right treatment for your child. You’ll learn about the different treatments available and formulate your action plan.
- Step 4: Choose a bedwetting alarm. You’ll learn about this crucial treatment tool and how to determine which type is right for your child’s specific needs.
- Step 5: Prepare to use your bedwetting alarm. You’ll learn the essential things to do to get yourself, your child and his environment ready for using an alarm.
- Step 6: Use your alarm until your child is consistently dry. You’ll learn what to expect from your child and how to handle setbacks along the way.
- Step 7: Know when to stop. You’ll learn how to determine when to stop treatment to ensure your child’s new behavior is permanent.
- Beyond 7 Steps: Special cases like teens, children with special needs, and daytime wetting solutions are covered. Frequently asked questions are answered here.